Venture into the Gold Coast’s endless playground for some serious fun. Whether you spend your days at a theme park, on the golf course, shopping, learning to surf, dining al fresco or just soaking up the sunshine, one thing’s for sure: life has never been so much fun.
Sun and surf
With 57 kilometres of sandy beaches to choose from, your perfect beach day awaits.
- Surfing can be tough; luckily the Gold Coast has some of the world’s greatest surfers waiting to teach you to ride.
- The breaks at Snapper Rocks, Burleigh Heads and Kirra attract wave-chasers from around the world, especially when major pro surfing events come to town.
Focus on fun
Host of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, there’s more to the Gold Coast than the beach. Major sporting, food, wine, fashion and music events and exhibitions fill the calendar, while Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach are entertainment playgrounds.
- Do as the locals do and enjoy fish and chips along the Broadwater.
- Indulge your inner food critic at award-winning restaurants.
- Hit the casino, see a show or local theatre event or dance your way to sunrise.
The theme park capital
Now’s the time to tackle those fears. Arm yourself with an action plan and get ready to scream!
- Ride some of the tallest, fastest and scariest thrill rides in the country.
- Shoot down waterslides, cuddle a koala and become an extra on a movie set.
Discover the green behind the gold
- Pop a cork at boutique vineyards, sample local produce and be taken in with local arts and crafts in Mount Tamborine.
- Trade your sandals for shoes and hike one of the walks at Lamington orSpringbrook National Parks.
- Recharge at one of the region’s best health retreats.